Sunday 20 March 2016

Oats Soup

Hello friends!

Well, this soup has a very interesting story.I was down with viral and had been to the clinic , where I  found the recipe of oats soup along with few other healthy recipes pinned on the display board and my happiness knew no bounds on spotting the recipes at a place, where I least expected it.I mean it's really exciting when you find your favourite things at totally unexpected places.But at the same time I felt it's a good practice to display  healthy recipes  at the clinic.

I also think it's my love for cooking and food that coincidently made me sit near the display board which had the recipes! Isn't it true love? :-)
When you love something so much you often find it everywhere. With food, it happens with me everytime! Have you also experienced it ? I am sure you would have such stories too.Please do share your experiences .Would love to read.

So , finally I made the soup today.
Here' s my Take:-



Ingredients

2 Tbsp of unroasted  oats
1 onion sliced
1/2 inch of ginger grated
4-6 cloves of garlic chopped
Finely chopped carrot
Finely chopped bell peppers
Small bunch of coriander Chopped
Soya sauce to taste ( 1-2 tsp)
Tomato sauce to taste (1-2 tsp)
Red chilli sauce to taste (1-2 tsp)
Juice of 1 lemon
Black pepper
Salt
Mixed herbs

For Garnishing :
1 tbsp of roasted oats
Chopped coriander
Croutons of your choice (optional)- I used the ready made garlic & cheese Croutons. 

Method

  1. In a pan, add little oil.I used olive oil.
  2. Saute ginger , garlic  and onions.
  3. When they turn light brown, add carrots and bell peppers.You may add any vegetable of your choice.
  4. Add around 6 cups of water.
  5. Give it a good boil.
  6. Add, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and all the sauces.
  7. Let it boil for 5-10 mins and then transfer to your soup bowl.
  8. Garnish with roasted oats, coriander and croutons. 
Relish it with toasted garlic bread or any bread of your choice.

I really liked the idea of adding oats to the soup.We loved it! You too try and enjoy this healthy soup!

Happy Takes! & Happy Bites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment