Friday 18 March 2016

Some Homemade Icecreams

Hi Everyone!

This summer I 've got addicted to making homemade icecreams and after doing some online research, I've made a simple formula for making No Churn Homemade Icecreams. Trust me, it just requires 15 mins of preparation time and 2-3 hours of freezing time and your icecream is ready!

Here are the details of few of my experiments.

BASIC ICECREAM RECIPE

Ingredients & Equipments Required :-


  1. Nestle Condensed milk : Amul Fresh Cream = 1 :2 ( I used 200 ml condensed milk and 400 ml amul fresh cream (i.e, 2 tetrapacks of 200 ml)
  2. 1/4 tsp salt
  3. Required flavour.
  4. An electric double beater
  5. An icecream box -It's a box with a lid (Can be aluminium or glass or even tupperware boxes  will do)
Method :-

  1. Beat the condensed  milk and cream for 10 mins.
  2. Add salt and the required flavour.
  3. Beat for another 5-10  mins 
  4. Freeze the empty icecream box for 5-10 mins (You can do this simultaneously during the beating exercise).
  5. Pour the icecream in the icecream box.Tap it on the surface once.
  6. Cover the lid and freeze for 2-3 hours until ready.
  7. Enjoy your icecream plain or top it with sauces, fruits and nuts of  your choice or have it with your favourite piece of brownie or cake.
Here are few of my Takes :-

       STRAWBERRY ICECREAM 



Here , in this one I added strawberry paste to the basic whipped icecream mix (recipe is mentioned above) .
For making strawberry paste- I blended around 200 gms of fresh strawberries and 2 tbsp of strawberry jam and transferred almost 3/4 of the paste to the whipped mix, gave it another whip for around 5-10 mins and saved the rest as strawberry sauce for using it as a topping for the icecream. It just tasted yumm! :-)
This was an impromptu improvisation.You can also use strawberry essence, little bit of strawberry crush along with fresh strawberries to make this or can  use only fresh starwberries to give it a raw taste.

COCONUT ICECREAM


In this one I added around 1/4 cup of coconut milk, some chopped coconut, 2 tsp of  virgin coconut oil to the basic whipped icecream mix. You can even add tender coconut meat.
I wanted to replicate Naturals tender coconut icecream but this tasted very different from that although the taste was awesome.This one is just another type of coconut icecream .You'll love it if you have a liking for coconut and coconut products.

COFFEE WALNUT ICECREAM 




Well, I referred to this blogpost for making this one :-


It is this blogpost that inspired me to try many more varieties on my own.And I must say this one tasted exactly like Naturals. :-)

Do share your ideas and inputs on icecream making.

Happy Takes! & Happy Bites! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment